Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pearl Harbor Sanchez



24 Years ago my parents believed that having a child would be the right way to go. I guess the idea of a future separation never came to mind. I ruined Monday night football as my mother went into labor on 7 December a day that will live in infamy. http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/Day_of_infamy_Speech.mp3 This day, in 1941, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and killed about 2,500 of our military. The similarities of this attack and 9-11 have been made by many, to include charges of bad security, bad intelligence, conspiracy, et al. Some people now feel we shouldn't be in a war against terrorism and I stand by their right to feel this way.... On a lighter note, my father is a History Major and we can’t forget that my 8th grade history teacher was my uncle and the man that baptized and confirmed me. I would probably be looked down upon if I couldn’t correctly follow along to Jeopardy. I’m already the black sheep of the family with the lack of interest in Soccer. But that is a whole different blog subject. Had I actually been delivered on the 7th my name would have been Pearl Harbor Sanchez.....or at least this is what my father tells me. Talk about hating life w/ that name!!!! So I don't exactly know how Rachel came to play???

No comments: