Wednesday, April 12, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My roommates’ son turned the big 5 on Sunday March 5 and we celebrated the traditional way for some. A planned party w/ reservations and invitations the works. No piñata, no backyard grillin, no drunk familia and no jumpy thing in a random park in Valley Gardens. The fun and festivities started @ 0900 when Lese let Nik open one the F-150 Power Wheels she purchased for him as she spent the remainder of the morning putting the damn thing together while I b!tched and complained on the couch about a recent fight w/ a “friend”. Soon after we managed to get ourselves to Chucky-E-Cheese where some dude in a rat looking sweat suit scared the kiddies and where sparks flew between my mother and Lese’s father. (Sorry to report Lese will not be my step-sister.)

Speaking of my mother her birthday was Friday April 7 and maybe that’s why my roomie, “boy friend”, his cousin and a few of his co-workers and I all went out for a FEW drinks and a little electric-sliding. Notice few is bolded I’ll get back to that subject in a sec...You might ask yourself you guys took your mom out for a night on the town? Absolutely NOT! Although she could have joined us with various age ranges that usually attend but she kept it low key and we did the dinner thing earlier in the week. We made it to Graham Cracker Station paid our cover and noticed that instead of the usual beer tubs scattered around there were small fast food stands. Ok I’m joking but they should really think about bringing in the hot-dog dude or the socks and sandals burrito guy from downtown. They would make a killing! I’m not trying to be rude or inconsiderate but I now know where all the smalls I have been looking for are. Anyway I’m surrounded by girls and all quite larger in body size and I’m thinking to myself are we at a big girls need luvin convention? This isn’t the usual thing to expect at Graham. If your familiar with the setting then you know exactly what I’m talking about if not let me paint you a picture. 4 clubs broken down into one; Bootin & a’ Scootin area, hippy to the hoppy, polyester pants era and lets sing if your wasted. I dont' usually drink or consume large amounts of liquor and I’m definitely not a beer drinker so hard liquor was my friend for most of the night. Starting off with 2 Red Headed Sluts (my fav) 2 liquid marijuana’s, 1 shot of Bacardi Limon, about a handful of Parrot Bay shots and last but not least, Yagger. All alcoholic beverages of which I will probably not be drinking for some time..I guess it’s pretty bad when your attempting to take a shower and are sitting in the tub trying to wash the essential parts as water escapes through the curtain because your using it to try to maintain balance. How much balance do you need sitting down?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs when you post them, they are so entertaining! OH how I do remember the socks in sandals burrito selling man from my bachelorette party night!! I know you know what I'm talking about Raych! Take care, it's nice to read what's on your mind lately! Chandra

Anonymous said...

Chan,
Didn't u have to get a dollar from the burrito dude? yea talk about memories....I'm still waiting for pics so i can post the Chandra A.O. Roybal blog. Miss you! -Raych